Tennant, I. ; Crawford-Sykes, A. ; Ward, L. ; Thesiger, C.
Author Affiliation, Ana.
Ethylene glycol poisoning following ingestion of brake fluid
West Indian Medical Journal
Date of Publication
A 32-year old male, with a history of depression and previous suicide attempts, was brought to hospital comatose after ingestion of brake fluid. He developed severe metabolic acidosis with an increased anion gap, hypotension, seizures and mild renal impairment. He required intensive care treatment for ventilatory and inotropic support. The clinical features, diagnosis and treatment of this unusual poison are discussed.....